Friday, May 28, 2010

2

I realized half way through this week that I actually forgot to post last week! I was very disappointed in myself, but hope to correct that problem (with this post!)

Last week was VERY eventful for me work wise. I actually spent all four days working double shifts at work (about 14 hours). I was subbing for our pharmacy technician instructor who was out due to surgery. During her absence, our facility also had a site visit from the Director of Allied Health for our school. Who is that you ask? Well that is my boss's boss's boss. He spent a week reviewing exactly what it is that "We" as a campus do. How we teach. How we follow procedures. Etc. Etc. A plus to this, was that I had an abundant amount of time to spend with him. During his visit, he observed my lecture, and the next day had a conversation with our director where he said he was very impressed with my teaching skills, and wanted future instructors to observe me teach! I couldn't believe it! Also, I drafted a letter to the Dr's in our area to introduce our program, let them know what our students are equipped with when they leave our program (certifications, hands-on skills, etc.), as well as up-coming events. This made its way up the chain and also resulted in props my way. I'm very excited to see what the future holds for me with my career at the school!

Because of the hectic work schedule, I spent the down time catching up on house tasks, and sleep. I've discovered...I do not like waking up before noon. I know, I know...I am spoiled...but I love my schedule!

I'm not sure if I have discussed my "creepy" neighbor, but he is....well, creepy. I would describe him as a lurker. He and I share a balcony. He feeds the neighborhood stray cats, and acts and the newly delivered kittens care-giver. This bothers me because he is not making an attempt to spay or neuter these animals, just feeding them. Also, I have to pay pet rent, and he does not. And his "pets" spray all over my balcony! Anyway, he lurks around the balcony and creepily talks to me. I know I am mean...but EVERYONE who has encountered this guy agrees with me. I once asked my apt manager if they have ever had any complaints in regards to him and the exact response I received was "Oh no, he is harmless. He got into an accident years ago that put him into a coma for 5 years. But don't let him fool you...he is REALLY smart!" I really didn't like that response. Smart guy with minor brain damage. Yay. He routinely asks me to borrow my car. He calls my dog an alligator. And today, while walking my dog, he asked what style my pants were...flare, boot cut, or straight. I mean, he yelled this down to me while WATCHING me walk my dog. I responded I didn't know, and he asked where I purchased my jean. And if pants are more expensive in Phoenix. Yeah......

Now that you know who he is, he will further be referenced as CN. :)

My precious baby niece was born on the 18th! I'm so happy to announce she is happy, healthy, and the best baby ever! My sister is doing fantastic as well! Sunny doesn't really cry much, sleeps easily, and is already smiling. I think she looks like me, but we will see as she gets a little older. I will be going to CA to visit her and my sister in July! I already love her so much!! I cannot even imagine the love you have for your own kids, because I love my nieces and nephew so much already!

Today, my class and I took a field trip to a dental laboratory in order to put the lecture into the real world. It was so awesome! And another bond made with the community! I see incredible changes to the future of our dental assisting program.

I'm also in the process of training with a friend. Building muscle and still preparing for a half marathon with my sister next year. My hip has started giving me problems again, so I am in the process of locating a local chiropractor in order to adjust me...stupid chairside assisting messing with my alignment!

Well I'm still blank on photos because I left my camera in a friends car almost a month ago and still have not gotten that back! I'm working on it though!!!

I'm out for this week....what does the weekend hold? Well, swimming with sister & the kids, The Deftones LIVE!!!, and friend fun!

Until next Friday,
Kristi

1 comment:

  1. Kristi. I love this blog and your update! I'm so proud of you with your successes at work. So, ok, maybe moving to Texas WAS the best thing for you (though I still don't want to admit it!).

    And I want you to move out of that apartment as soon as your lease it up, ok? Don't feel mean about complaining about your neighbor. From what you wrote here I'm creeped out, so I can only imagine how seriously creepy it is for you to live next to him. Pretend you don't have a balcony and don't go out there!!!

    I still have a little box of things to mail to you, but there's one thing that Carrie and I picked up that we can't find - pretty sure it's in the heap of her stuff out in my garage. We're sure it will surface once she moves and unpacks.

    So, take care of yourself, keep being happy, and I'll read more about you next week...

    Love you! xo
    ~ Deb

    ReplyDelete